Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 31: 29 Menus To Go

Clue: Follow the trend for what “Brian” should have been. Where does 4:4 and an old glacier leave you?

I spent all day Tuesday working from home after the disaster filled 5 hour commute Monday night from downtown Seattle to Green Lake.  I was exhausted, cranky, and cold.  By the time the clue dropped, I was cozy in my pajamas (let’s be honest – when you’re working from home, you’re in pajamas all day) and settling down to a big bowl of pasta.  After texts to both Blake Light and Hot Sushi (neither of whom responded – come on Team MI!!!) I figured it was a loss.  I anxiously checked other hunters’ comments, hoping to find some clue that would help me claim victory.  I even Googled “old glacier Seattle” and “4:4 Brian” but to no avail.  When someone mentioned Green Lake, I dropped my pasta bowl and started to put on my shoes.  I live at Green Lake!  With the training the team has been putting me through, I could have run to the other side of the lake in well under an hour and grabbed the menu.  However, I was again beat.  Someone figured it out before I even had a chance to tie my scarf and slip on my mittens.  On the bright side, when looking at the map, Cowen Park is not as close to my house as I had originally thought, so I didn’t feel as bad.  Had the weather been a bit warmer and the roads a little less frozen, I may have been able to do this. 
The team will be without a driver for the rest of the week, so it’s up to Hot Sushi and myself.  I see wind sprints on icy hills in our near future.
On another note, look how pretty it was in Seattle!

FAIL!

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was one of the toughest clues yet! Which clue do you think has been hardest so far? Would love for you to post on my poll today:
    www.canlismenuhunt.wordpress.com poll is in upper right corner - happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete