Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 30: 20 Menus To Go

Clue #30: 18% without 18K could prove a little dicey. So grab your sled and come on down, we’ll meet where it’s less icey.

I will start out by saying that math is not my strongest subject. I will also add that treacherous weather and an appetite unsated by Canlis cuisine drove me to get a fix on my burger jonze:


Here it comes...the inner monologue. Hot Sushi, don't do this. Don't make excuses. You are always jonzing for burgers; and weather, no matter how blustery and blistering cold it is, should not keep you from the goal. I will give you poor math skills, but this one was all you and you let the team down. End self-deprication. (It was really bad out there though!)



The Menu: Impossible team was dispersed across the city blanketed in snow and ice. Blake Light to West Seattle, Wink Wink to Geenlake, and me to Upper Queen Anne. UPPER!! We had a good geographical spread, but would need to cover any ground on foot.... no one wants Blake Light on these roads! The clue came around 10.30, Blake Light was calling me, as it was in my jurisdiction of Queen Anne. And where was I??? Asleep! It was the burger, I tell ya, the burger! I didn't have no choice in it!

When I saw the news after waking up, I was in agony. The only consolation I had was that the menu was in Counterbalance Park at the bottom of the Queen Anne hill and I live at the top. Short of jumping in my toboggan and sledding down the hill, I don't think I would have made it. Regardless, I should have been on point for the team. I will do better next time Wink Wink and Blake Light. I promise.

FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment