Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 19: 31 Menus To Go

Clue: Avoiding germs is simple, just don’t take a sample (for Semple’s sake)

Dear B Canlis,
All day I was sending you telepathic messages telling you I was going to be at Pike Place Market after work.  Apparently, what I neglected to tell you was that I was going to be there at 7:30PM, not 6:30PM.   Next time I’ll try to be more exact.
Warmest regards,
Wink Wink


So there I was, primping and prepping to go to the Showbox to see Ben Harper (call me, Ben!) and his new band, Fistful of Mercy.  Plans were to meet at Steelhead Diner at 7:30 for a quick bite before the show.  I figured this was perfect - close proximity to the market and downtown area.  I would be able to leave at a moment’s notice and grab the coveted menu and return in time to see Ben (and maybe even invite him for a late night bite at Canlis!  Sorry Blake Light and Hot Sushi).  After changing into my concert outfit, I did a quick check of FB, only to find the clue had already been posted and found in less than 5 minutes – what?!?!?  How is that possible?!?!?  And how is it that it was mere yards away from where I was having dinner in less than an hour!?!?!  This can’t be right!  But alas, it was at the frightening  yet intriguing gum wall in Post Alley.  I wanted to cry from defeat of having been so close, yet so far.  But Ben needed me, so I powered through.  The show was great, but the feeling of defeat lingered long after the last notes were played.

FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment